I have always had this Billion $ or Billion ₹ question , how do movements / organisations / Communities communicate , plan , discuss and execute stuffs and how do they involve in organisation building . So these are my doubts
- How do you do it among a small yet committed group ? Which has a specific agenda to work upon .
- How do you do it when you want to bring in new fold into the community ?
- How do you do it when the level of understanding among various people differs and yet you try to move forward ?
- Do you really want to advertise your work ?
- Are all your decisions and informations to be put in public domain for public consumption ?
- Is there a divide between how stuffs are done in global North and global South ?
- Can things revolve around some core people who try to bring others into core with subsequent movement building ?
So , I am trying to document my understandings of various movements / communities / Organisations .
Archival is possible .
Can have more number of passive listeners who are interested to follow stuffs and take up small tasks , pick up pace and grow up their skills .
Need not dump everything in a single mailing list . For example can have a high traffic discuss mailing list , and a low traffic announcement list .
They have a healthy practise of documenting things in their own pad .
For the subsequent meeting , they
- Put the notes from previous meeting
- Share the agenda for current meeting
- Put down the pad where subsequent meeting is to be held .
Free software is mainly developed on mailing lists. Mailing lists have many advantages over other forms of communication, but they have two weaknesses: It’s difficult to follow discussions in a sensible way, and mailing list archives (when they exist) have a tendency to disappear over time.Courtesy : gmane
5)Instant messaging groups
7)Trello / Wekan Generally , kaban like boards